Controversy-filled career of Richie Incognito appears to be over

  • Controversy-filled career of Richie Incognito appears to be over

Controversy-filled career of Richie Incognito appears to be over

Richie Incognito, the four-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman and former Miami Dolphin known for his role in the 2013 bullying scandal, announced his National Football League retirement Tuesday.

Shortly after telling The MMQB he's contemplating retirement, the 34-year-old took the pronouncement a step further. The announcement made on the NFLPA's Twitter account, came after Incognito revealed his intention to retire through a series of tweets and comments made to several publications throughout the morning. It's been a long career.

Since the offseason began, Incognito fired his agent via Twitter and agreed to a pay cut with a base salary of $3.65m. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. King followed up with another saying that Incognito is talking to the Bills about revisiting his deal and has until Sunday to change his mind about calling it a career. Incognito already restructured his contract earlier in March, so he's locked into a contract anyway. It's just about doing what's right.

After being drafted by the Rams, Incognito racked up personal fouls and other ugly incidents, and he was released late in the 2009 season. Ngakoue said he and Incognito cleared the air after they were AFC teammates at the Pro Bowl in January. For now, Richie Incognito's career is over.

"It pisses me the f-- off", Incognito told The Buffalo News about his pay cut.

That launched an inquiry that lasted months by NFL-appointed investigator Ted Wells, who determined that Pouncey, Incognito and Jerry engaged in a pattern of abuse.

Incognito earned three of his four Pro Bowl selections in Buffalo, and was considered among the Bills team leaders.

The Bills also will lose starting center Eric Wood, who is expected to retire due to a neck injury.