She was eating salad when she suddenly found something disgusting

  • She was eating salad when she suddenly found something disgusting

She was eating salad when she suddenly found something disgusting

She's not sure how it got in the salad. And was missing part of its tail. After the first shock, Michelle Carr, a nurse in the profession, began to think that he could have swallowed unsafe bacteria.

Based on an assessment from a biologist friend, Carr believes the reptile was a blue-belly lizard, which are native to California and other western states.

According to Kar, he bought the sack of packed lettuce from a supermarket on January 26th. "We need to be really diligent about washing your produce no matter where you get it from".

In the meantime, Carr said she reached out to the media about the lizard, which she described as roughly 5 inches long and scaly, not to shame the company or the supplier - but to instead caution shoppers to check their own groceries, and be aware that this could happen to them.

Carr, who was at the time nursing a 10-week-old son, was afraid that she had accidentally eaten it and any nasty bacteria that might have been on it.

In the future, Carr will stick to the lettuce she grows at home or buys from a local farmer's market.

Shaw's external communications and community relations manager Teresa Edington said once the store was notified of the lizard being found they immediately notified the supplier.

Carr called the state health department but a spokesperson said that because the lettuce was packaged and shipped from another state, any investigation would be conducted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Anxious that she could be at risk of getting E. coli or salmonella, she immediately contacted the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services and supermarket representatives. "There's no way to know whether or not I actually ingested the tail or not", she was quoted as saying by WMUR.

Michelle Carr related that she already had a couple of bites before realizing that her food contains a poisonous reptile. I think about that as you're eating breakfast what is wrong with lizards just one at some light as he wasn't trying to cause any trouble.