'The Bachelor' Contestant Found On California Police Missing Persons Report

  • 'The Bachelor' Contestant Found On California Police Missing Persons Report

'The Bachelor' Contestant Found On California Police Missing Persons Report

According to The North Coast Journal, Martnez's face was among 35 faces listed earlier this week as missing in Humboldt County, California.

In December, a deputy with the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office contacted Martinez's mother to see if the two had spoken, and she confirmed that she had, and her daughter said she was heading home.

Deputies say Martinez did call the sheriff's office at 2:59 p.m. Thursday, confirming she was not missing and that she was doing well (not to mention, on TV). The sheriff's office replied back stating that they "got off the phone with Rebekah".

Bekah Martinez was not actually missing and has since been removed from the Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit. It's also unclear whether Bekah was filming The Bachelor (and sequestered by production) at the time her mom reported her missing.

According to the New York Times, officials with the sheriff's office didn't learn that Martinez's mother had spoken to her daughter until December 12 when they followed up with an email.

Thadeus Greenson, news editor at the North Coast Journal, said Friday that Ms. Martinez wasn't the only person who didn't belong on the missing persons list.

Unbeknownst to her mother, Bekah Martinez, 22, took some time off from social media and life, in general, so she could fight for Arie Luyendyk Jr.'s heart during "The Bachelor's" 22nd season. They found her on The Bachelor.

A woman reported missing by her mother was seen by thousands when she appeared on "The Bachelor".

Rebekah "Bekah" Martinez is now competing on The Bachelor.

However, she remained active on social media, writing nearly 30 posts on Instagram since she went "missing", including one post on November 22, just four days after she was reported missing.

The 22-year-old California woman was reported missing on November 18 by her mother, who said she hadn't seen her daughter in six days. "Her mother hadn't heard from her since November 12, 2017".

Martinez has actively posted on Instagram and Twitter since she was reported and when her freaky story was reported by media on February 2, she tweeted a message referring to the photo used in the missing person report.

All the while, Ms. Martinez has been publicly active on Instagram and Twitter.