Kevin Spacey investigated by United Kingdom police over second sexual assault allegation

  • Kevin Spacey investigated by United Kingdom police over second sexual assault allegation

Kevin Spacey investigated by United Kingdom police over second sexual assault allegation

British police are investigating Hollywood star Kevin Spacey over a second allegation of sexual assault, the Press Association news agency reported on Wednesday.

The former House of Cards star's reputation took a hammering last month (Oct17) after actor Anthony Rapp accused the Oscar victor of making inappropriate advances towards him when he was just 14, in 1986.

A statement from the Metropolitan Police revealed that the alleged sexual assault took place in Lambeth, the area where the theatre is located.

They added: "Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating".

Police have confirmed the accusations are connected to "a man" who they were previously investigating over an incident in Lambeth in 2008.

Kevin Spacey was artistic director between 2004 and 2015 at the Old Vic, which is based in Lambeth.

But it said the same man was accused November 1 of another assault in 2008, also in Lambeth.

Cavazos alleged that Spacey approached him in "unpleasant encounters" which he said he would have termed "harassment" if he were a woman.

Current artistic director Matthew Warchus said: "These allegations have been a shock and a disturbing surprise to many of us".

"It seems that it only took a male under 30 to make Mr Spacey feel free to touch us". The Old Vic said a "cult of personality" around Spacey had discouraged people from speaking out. The alleged victim is believed to have been an aspiring actor who sought career advice from Spacey.

The name of the accuser is presently unknown - he is identified only as Victim 2.

The BBC has contacted Spacey's legal representatives for comment.