Lifestyle blogger Rebecca Burger killed by exploding whipped cream dispenser

  • Lifestyle blogger Rebecca Burger killed by exploding whipped cream dispenser

Lifestyle blogger Rebecca Burger killed by exploding whipped cream dispenser

Rebecca Burger, a French fitness model with over 164,000 followers on Instagram, was killed in her home by an exploding whipped cream dispenser which hit her in the chest, causing a heart attack.

A member of the Burger family took to the blogger's Instagram account to warn readers not to use the pressurised canisters, which use gas to whip cream.

Yesterday, an example of the product was posted on Rebecca's Instagram along with the caption: "Here is an example of a siphon that exploded and crashed into Rebecca's chest, causing her death".

Hundreds of fans commented on a social media post that announced her death. Do not use this type of device in your home! "Tens of thousands defectives ones are still out there".

According to BBC, Burger received medical attention but died of cardiac arrest at the hospital. She uploaded her first YouTube video on June 10 showing her on a trip in Bali.

The way whipped cream dispensers work is by using nitrous oxide canisters.

The young blogger was well-known, having accumulated more than 56,000 Facebook followers and 158,000 Instagram followers.

The statement went on to say, "please pray for her soul to rest in peace and for her family to stay active".

The consumer magazine 60 Million Consumers reported Wednesday that it had been warning consumers for many years about accidents involving the defective kitchen tool, but that this was the first known death.

A former professional volleyball player who also worked in IT, Ms Burger garnered a huge online following with her posts about travel, food and health.

"I had six broken ribs, and my sternum was broken", the victim said during an interview with RTL radio.

Though it sounds incomprehensible, and the specific cause of Burger's death hasn't been confirmed, serious injury due to whipped cream dispensers is not unheard of in France. Our french athlete Rebecca Burger (@RebeccaBlikes) passed away.

France's National Consumer Institute (INC) issued a warning in 2014 about such gadgets, French newspaper Le Parisien reported.