Painkiller prescribed for Prince in another name

The legendary musician was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park home on April 21 previous year. Schulenberg told police that he met with Prince twice in the weeks before his death. Deputies attempted CPR but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Other information included in the documents indicates that cops learned from Prince's associates that he never used a mobile phone and preferred to communicate via email.

"Andrew said he heard a scream and ran down the hall and observed Prince lying on his left side in the elevator", states one of the newly unsealed court records, which said that Prince lived at Paisley Park alone and without a security guard.

But the documents do not offer evidence about the source of the fentanyl that killed the 57-year-old superstar, or who might have provided him with it.

Johnson told investigators he didn't know Prince was addicted, according to the warrants, which note that Johnson had known Prince since the 1980s. The Kornfelds' attorney, William Mauzy, has said Andrew had meant to give the medication to a doctor who planned to see Prince on April 21.

Carver County Sheriff's Office Detective Angela Nucci wrote that she was "made aware by witnesses that were interviewed, that Prince recently had a history of going through withdrawals, which are believed to be the result of the abuse of prescription medicine".

Other bottles of pills were marked under the name of his friend Kirk Johnson. Watson 853 is an imprint on generic pills that contain acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate. The opioids were stored in containers like vitamin bottles.

Investigators also recovered a "Recovery Without Walls" pamphlet recovered the Purple Rain room. His father, Dr. Howard Kornfeld, arranged for him to come in his place to meet with Prince, "to discuss concerns, determine if Prince was a candidate for their program, and determine if he was willing to participate in their program".

Kornfeld "admits he brought them of his own accord".

Another half-sibling, Lorna Nelson, also alleged drug use by Prince but was not involved in getting drugs for him, Padden said. A bodyguard carries Prince, who is unconscious, from the plane. He said a year isn't an unreasonable length of time for the investigation. Johnson, a longtime drummer for Prince and estate manager at Paisley Park who was among those who discovered the musician's body April 21, 2016, is one of the key figures investigators want to interview in relation to his death. Investigators found no prescriptions for fentanyl in Prince's name. The medications were prescribed by Dr. Schulenberg.

The document showed a number of pills found that were in prescription bottles bearing the name of bodyguard Kirk Johnson.

EMERGENCY LANDING: Investigators learned Prince had "passed out" during a flight from Atlanta to Minneapolis on Thursday April 15, 2016 into Friday, April 16, 2016 after a concert in Atlanta. This is the same name found on the tag from the suitcase located in Prince's bedroom and the email account found on Prince's laptop computer.