Assad: Chemical Weapons Attack Is '100 Percent Fabrication'

"There was no order to make any attack, we don't have any chemical weapons, we gave up our arsenal a few years ago", Assad said.

"Definitely, 100 percent for us, it's fabrication", he said in the interview on Wednesday in reference to the alleged chemical weapons attack.

What's more, US officials also believe that the government may have outside help and have pointed to the fact that Russian Federation has chemical weapons experts in the country.

Russia's foreign minister says Moscow expects the United Nations' chemical weapons watchdog to conduct an extensive probe into last week's chemical attack in Syria.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has dismissed reports that last week's devastating chemical attack was carried out by his regime as '100% fabrication'.

Turkey has also claimed to have found evidence of sarin gas use after testing the bodies of the victims. The group says it can not confirm what kind of toxic substance may have been used but that the injured fighters "exhibited symptoms such as suffocation, heavy breathing and severe coughing". After an even bigger chemical attack in August 2013, which killed several hundred people, he warned then-President Barack Obama against retaliating against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

That runs counter to claims by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons that attacks using chlorine in 2014 and 2015.

Chuckling, and summing up many Syrians' feelings towards the U.S. strike on the Shayrat air base, he said: "We want anyone to get that bastard!"

The Syrian president also challenged accounts of alleged chemical attack provided by "White Helmet" volunteer medics.

Jaafari noted that the Syrian government is interested as nobody else in shedding light on what happened in that city.

"The strike was requested by the partnered forces, who had identified the target location as a Daesh fighting position", it said in a statement. U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley said the veto left Moscow with "a lot to prove".

He added: "If we see this kind of action again, we hold open the possibility of future action". The US attack killed several Syrian soldiers and nearly completely destroyed the base.

The Syrian government has denied involvement in the toxic attack and blamed rebel groups. Six Syrian servicemen were reported as dead in the incident.

The Obama administration claimed that it negotiated with Syria and Russian Federation to eliminate "100 percent" of Syria's chemical weapons. Previous year alone almost 13,000 barrel bombs were dropped from government helicopters, according to monitors and rights groups. A video of the interview was released by Assad's office. "I know about the army. We're not going to use it", he told Agence France-Presse. "I haven't heard of the army using barrels, or maybe, cooking pots", he said.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Thursday that the OPCW inspectors should visit both the Syrian air base, which the USA said served as a platform for the attack, and Khan Sheikhoun to get a full and objective picture.