Boys threatened victim with dog attack if she tried to flee

  • Boys threatened victim with dog attack if she tried to flee

Boys threatened victim with dog attack if she tried to flee

The girl, who was "lured" to a residence by one of her attackers on March 19, was sexually assaulted by as many as six males who stopped her from leaving while as many as 40 people watched on a livestream video feed.

Both teens face charges of aggravated criminal assault, manufacturing and dissemination of child pornography, and will be prosecuted within the state's juvenile court system.

"She's just having such a hard time even communicating what occurred to her", Deenihan said at a Sunday news conference, the Tribune reported.

The second arrest, a 15-year-old boy was accompanied by his mother and was questioned before being taken into custody and held in juvenile detention, according to a tweet from Chicago police spokesperson Anthony Guglielmi.

"She is truly traumatized but detectives are incredibly inspired and motivated by her strength and courage", he wrote, adding that "several young men" are still sought by police in the case.

A warrant had been out for the arrest of the 15-year-old boy.

The judge said the 15-year-old bore responsibility for the assault as well.

The 15-year-old boy and his mother showed up at the Ogden District police station on the city's West Side so the teen could turn himself in, The Chicago Tribune reported.

The suspects will be charged as juveniles, according to Guglielmi.

Police are also trying to identify others who took part in the assault, officials said, but the investigation has been slowed by the trauma experienced by the girl.

"They were acting in conjunction", Gardner said.

"It makes me wonder, where are we going, what are we doing as a society?"

As news of the attack spread, people began ringing the family's doorbell and coming around the house in a menacing way, the girl's mother has told the Tribune, and police described a campaign of social media bullying against her.

It is the third time in recent months that Chicago police have investigated alleged attacks broadcast live on Facebook.

The girl's mother told The Associated Press that the girl and the family were being taunted online and ridiculed and harassed by children in their neighborhood.

Police said said the girl has since been a victim of "constant social media bullying" that has prolonged her trauma in the aftermath of the assault.

That meeting between the victim and police is supposed to happen Tuesday.