Tuesday weather: Showers likely, with highs near 47

  • Tuesday weather: Showers likely, with highs near 47

Tuesday weather: Showers likely, with highs near 47

New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. The mercury reached 61 in Danbury. Daytime highs still near 40°. Northwest wind 5 to 10 miles per hour.

Gusty winds will make driving hard, the NWS warned, especially for high-profile vehicles traveling on Interstate 5 and highways 14, 23, 101 and 118.

The next round of wintry weather is forecast for the Lehigh Valley on Thursday with snow, sleet and rain all in the mix. A west northwest wind of 5 to 11 miles per hour will gust as high as 18 miles per hour. Northwest wind around 10 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 20 miles per hour. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

The rain is expected to start Thursday and last through about 10 p.m. Winds will average 20-30 miles per hour, with gusts hitting 50 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.

Winds will be coming out of the west at 15 to 25 miles per hour with gusts up to 40 miles per hour producing blowing and drifting snow. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

For the remainder of the week, high temperatures are projected to be in the upper 20's and 30's with partly sunny skies.

"Localized gusts to 55 miles per hour are expected for wind-prone ridgetops", according to the NWS.

Monday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers.

Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Cloudy, with a high near 70.

OELWEIN, Dyersville Beckman and Edgewood-Colesburg wrestling at Clayton Ridge, 6 p.m.

Thursday night.Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Clouds will be moving in for the New Year's weekend along with cooler temperatures.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Temperatures will climb to the upper 50s with another round of rain Monday afternoon into the evening hours.

New Year's Eve: Mostly cloudy, 40 percent chance of snow, low 29. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.

Monday Night: A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.

Light rain showers and windy weather should persist for much of Tuesday in the South Sound as heavy snows accumulate in Western Washington's mountains, according to the National Weather Service.