No bond for suspect in shooting death of Ark. toddler

Gary Holmes was arrested on Thursday night and faces charges of terroristic acts and capital murder.

According to police, King-Macon was in her vehicle at a stop sign in the pouring rain Saturday when a man driving a black Chevrolet Impala opened fire on her Dodge Charger, fatally striking her grandson, Acen King.

Police say Holmes, who was driving with his girlfriend, grew angry at the kid's grandmother for "following him too closely".

Police say Acen King was being taken on a shopping trip by his grandmother on December 17 when a driver opened fire on the grandmother's vehicle because he thought she "wasn't moving fast enough at a stop sign".

King-Macon did not know little Acen had been shot until she she drove another 10 miles and pulled into the parking lot of a J.C. Penney store, McClanahan said. His injuries are not discovered until his grandmother arrives at the Shackleford Crossing shopping center in West Little Rock around 6:25 p.m. Acen is taken to Arkansas Children's Hospital where he is pronounced dead a short time later.

As we reported last weekend, Acen King "is the second toddler to die in a car-related shooting in the city in the past month".

The 33-year-old surrendered after he was turned in by family members, officials told U.S. media.

Neither King-Macon or Acen's 1-year-old sibling were harmed in the shooting. He shot at the car!'

The incident in Little Rock, Arkansas, triggered a community outcry and police had offered a $40,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case. Then, police said, the man got out of his black Chevrolet Impala and fired into her auto.

"This case went to the forefront", said Kaplan said.

According to a report via KATV, Holmes' arrest came after a family member turned the man in.

Pastor Scottie Long with The Mercy Church in southwest Little Rock said he was proud that the community came together and worked through the Little Rock police to find the suspected killer.

Holmes was previously arrested for aggravated battery and robbery in 2002 and domestic battery in 2013, according to records obtained by KARK-TV.